Givati Association was established in 1985 by Israel independence war Givati veterans. The first Chairman of the association was General (ret.) Itzhak Pundak, the commander of Givati Battalion 53 during the independence war, and he served in this position for more than 15 years. Givati Brigade was established in the autumn of 1947 and took part in major and decisive battles of the war of independence on the Southern Front. In 1955 the brigade was disbanded and re-established in 1983. Since its inception, The Givati Brigade has fought on two fronts – the security strip in Lebanon until the withdrawal during 2000 and the Gaza Strip – where Givati led endless operations against terrorism. Givati Association is intended primarily to honor the memory of the Givati Brigade soldiers who fell for the independence and fortification of the state of Israel. We are recognized as the official non-profit organization of Givati brigade, as such, our annual budget is financed mainly by the Minister of Defense.
|City||D.N. Lachish Darom|